Skip to main content

11 weeks 2 days

Things are going much better. I stopped getting the hunger-nausea a few days ago and I'm pretty glad it's gone. Also, I've been doing my progesterone suppositories faithfully every night and I think I'm about done. It's been 9ish days since I stopped the injections and my OBGYN told me at my last visit that the placenta takes over at 8 weeks. I'm out of the 100mg suppositories, but I still have ten 50mg ones that the fertility clinic gave me at my last appt. Maybe I should just do them since I have them? I would hate to stop before my body is ready and just completely fuck everything up. I've told more people about this than I probably should have. It's not public knowledge, but I do have about 14 people on my "know" list, not including professors and school personel. They won't remember that I was pregnant, so I don't need to worry about telling them about a miscarriage if it happens.

Additionally, I bought a fetal heartbeat doppler on Amazon today. I feel like it will give me peace of mind to be able to listen whenever I'm feeling a bit insecure.

Dammit. I will probably keep doing the damn suppositories for a couple more days. Uggggggh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate

Due to a nationwide shortage of my usual progesterone-in-oil, I have been using some compounded stuff that uses ethyl oleate and HOLY SHIT IT HURTS. It goes in a lot easier, but it seriously hurts. I hope the manufacturer gets their shit figured out soon because I would like to go back to my old formulation as soon as humanly possible.

6 weeks, 2 days

Not much has been happening here. My new semester started last Monday and it was chaos as usual until Thursday afternoon. Next week I should only need to go to school twice: once for class day and once for lab day. I had to tell my lab instructor about my injections so that I could procure a private space to do my PIO injection that wasn't a totally public restroom. I don't know if he thinks I'm actually pregnant or just trying, but they will all know soon enough. Obviously I'm not showing yet, but I have lost 4lbs so if this keeps up I imagine I will be showing sooner than later because there will be less belly fat to hide the organism * growing inside me. It appears that I'm going to get nausea in the afternoons like I did with my son. I never had sickness in the mornings, just light nausea in the late afternoons. I never threw up like you see newly pregnant women doing in the movies. I would like to find a tea made only from ginger (no hibiscus, no lemongrass,...

T-Day!

So, today is the day we have been working towards. It's transfer day . I developed a low-grade fever yesterday afternoon and I am PANICKING. I called the nurse line at the doctor's office today just to make sure that we can still go ahead with this. I really don't want to cancel but I also don't want to waste $3000 on an embryo transfer that's possibly doomed before we even begin. My RE said, multiple times, that a fever is definitely a reason to cancel. My temp never got higher than 99.6, and it was normal all night, and it's still normal this morning.... but still. I feel like I've been nothing but a problem patient this cycle. I don't remember it being like this my last two FET's. I really really REALLY just want this to fucking work this time.