Skip to main content

Endometrial Biopsy #2

I am so excited that I am DONE with invasive fertility procedures for this month*. I won't need to restart my PIO injections until about the 10th of December and I will hopefully never need another excruciatingly painful endometrial biopsy for the rest of my life. If I'm being honest, today's biopsy was not made easier by the fact I had one two days ago. This one hurt much worse, but I have been bleeding less since... so I guess there's that?

This morning, after dropping the kiddo off at school, I swung by a Redbox to pick up a movie to watch after I got home (Jason Bourne!). And, after arriving home from the doctor, I only made it about 45 minutes into it before I realized I wasn't going to be able to stay awake. I had also ordered a pizza and snarfed three pieces... which may have contributed to my sleepiness. I laid down in bed at about 11am and got up at about 3:10pm. I don't remember the last time I took a nap like that. It definitely helps that the house it oh so quiet because kiddo is at the after-school program. 

*The only other invasive procedure I will need this month is a colonoscopy but that's not for two weeks and it's not fertility related.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate

Due to a nationwide shortage of my usual progesterone-in-oil, I have been using some compounded stuff that uses ethyl oleate and HOLY SHIT IT HURTS. It goes in a lot easier, but it seriously hurts. I hope the manufacturer gets their shit figured out soon because I would like to go back to my old formulation as soon as humanly possible.

6 weeks, 2 days

Not much has been happening here. My new semester started last Monday and it was chaos as usual until Thursday afternoon. Next week I should only need to go to school twice: once for class day and once for lab day. I had to tell my lab instructor about my injections so that I could procure a private space to do my PIO injection that wasn't a totally public restroom. I don't know if he thinks I'm actually pregnant or just trying, but they will all know soon enough. Obviously I'm not showing yet, but I have lost 4lbs so if this keeps up I imagine I will be showing sooner than later because there will be less belly fat to hide the organism * growing inside me. It appears that I'm going to get nausea in the afternoons like I did with my son. I never had sickness in the mornings, just light nausea in the late afternoons. I never threw up like you see newly pregnant women doing in the movies. I would like to find a tea made only from ginger (no hibiscus, no lemongrass,...

T-Day!

So, today is the day we have been working towards. It's transfer day . I developed a low-grade fever yesterday afternoon and I am PANICKING. I called the nurse line at the doctor's office today just to make sure that we can still go ahead with this. I really don't want to cancel but I also don't want to waste $3000 on an embryo transfer that's possibly doomed before we even begin. My RE said, multiple times, that a fever is definitely a reason to cancel. My temp never got higher than 99.6, and it was normal all night, and it's still normal this morning.... but still. I feel like I've been nothing but a problem patient this cycle. I don't remember it being like this my last two FET's. I really really REALLY just want this to fucking work this time.