Skip to main content

Oct. 31

I had my lining check and blood draw (to check estrogen levels) yesterday and we are still all go for launch. However, I was informed by my coordinator that I cannot, in fact, do my first progesterone-in-oil (PIO) injection in the evening on the 8th. I will have to do it in the morning. The reasoning behind this is that they need me to have my PIO injections completed before I go into the office the two mornings I have my biopsies. And, since they want you to do your injections at the same time every day, it means I have to do my first injection in the morning. And, it just so happens I will be at a nursing clinical that morning. So, at approximately 8:15am, I will get to ask permission from my nurse and excuse myself to a private area (public bathroom, perhaps?) to do a giant injection of warm peanut butter* into my butt cheek. AWESOME.

(I know I should stop whining, but I already hate IVF and this just makes it more frustrating.)

*Not actual peanut butter, but very similar in consistency.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate

Due to a nationwide shortage of my usual progesterone-in-oil, I have been using some compounded stuff that uses ethyl oleate and HOLY SHIT IT HURTS. It goes in a lot easier, but it seriously hurts. I hope the manufacturer gets their shit figured out soon because I would like to go back to my old formulation as soon as humanly possible.

6 weeks, 2 days

Not much has been happening here. My new semester started last Monday and it was chaos as usual until Thursday afternoon. Next week I should only need to go to school twice: once for class day and once for lab day. I had to tell my lab instructor about my injections so that I could procure a private space to do my PIO injection that wasn't a totally public restroom. I don't know if he thinks I'm actually pregnant or just trying, but they will all know soon enough. Obviously I'm not showing yet, but I have lost 4lbs so if this keeps up I imagine I will be showing sooner than later because there will be less belly fat to hide the organism * growing inside me. It appears that I'm going to get nausea in the afternoons like I did with my son. I never had sickness in the mornings, just light nausea in the late afternoons. I never threw up like you see newly pregnant women doing in the movies. I would like to find a tea made only from ginger (no hibiscus, no lemongrass,...

T-Day!

So, today is the day we have been working towards. It's transfer day . I developed a low-grade fever yesterday afternoon and I am PANICKING. I called the nurse line at the doctor's office today just to make sure that we can still go ahead with this. I really don't want to cancel but I also don't want to waste $3000 on an embryo transfer that's possibly doomed before we even begin. My RE said, multiple times, that a fever is definitely a reason to cancel. My temp never got higher than 99.6, and it was normal all night, and it's still normal this morning.... but still. I feel like I've been nothing but a problem patient this cycle. I don't remember it being like this my last two FET's. I really really REALLY just want this to fucking work this time.